Empower Educational Program
Learners in the Empower Educational Program demonstrate reoccurring skills, greater independence and are able to thrive in a variety of environments.
- Learner is generally regulated sensory-wise, and engaged within the school environment.
- Learner is able to transition with minimal support between activities and learning blocks.
- Over time, the Learner will expand sensory and emotional experiences while maintaining engagement with others across a wide range of relationships, experiences and environments both within the school and broader community settings.
- Project-based learning:
- Learner can remain engaged in broader and multi=faceted project that may span several weeks to a few months.
- Learner is starting to initiate project plans and think through steps of the project prior to implementing.
- Learner is beginning to initiate, plan and carry through on their schedule, projects and customized learning opportunities. These project opportunities may include connecting and collaborating with businesses and/or community organizations with support from a Learning Guide.
- Opportunities for entrepreneurial projects are encouraged and Learner is supported in pursuing business ideas with guidance from Learning Guides and other resources within the school and community.
- Learner is able to show greater independence when working on academics including working for longer stretches of time and engaging in some problem solving on own before asking for help.
- Learner shows initiation to expand learning based on topics of interest discovered in core subject work.
- Learner can work in a group of three to five peers to one Learning Guide.
- Learner is exploring and planning for future that may include technical school, trades, volunteer work, internships, employment, military or college.