Day School . Overview
We see your unique son or daughter. Your child/young adult’s uniqueness is what makes them special. We recognize that and celebrate it! We see their strengths, interests and sensory needs and use them to create a customized learning plan with academic and social/emotional goals. We support growth toward these goals by providing interest driven opportunities and experiences that will engage your son/daughter and bring the “joy” back to learning. How do we do this?
- First, we build trusting relationships and create a place where they feel safe.
- We identify his/her unique combination of strengths, interests, and sensory needs.
- We develop a customized learning plan with developmentally appropriate academic and social/emotional goals. We are one of only a few schools in the country that uses the DIR/Floortime framework as the foundation of our model.
- We look at the Whole Person. Our model incorporates the five core elements of human development: Mind, Body, Spirit (Meaning & Purpose), Social and Emotional.
- We provide direct academic instruction in the core subject areas of math, reading/language arts science and social studies to fill in any gaps that exist and solidify essential skills in these areas.
- We use interest driven projects to bring all the pieces together and practice the academic, social and emotional concepts your son/daughter is learning and working on.
- We customize the pace to be conducive to each person’s learning and maintain a sensory supportive environment throughout the day including movement, music, mindfulness, and calming or alerting activities depending on each Learner’s sensory needs.
- We offer many customized opportunities for Learners to explore their interests and try new things both indoors and outside, such as: gardening, going on nature walks and hiking, horseback riding and caring for animals at a local therapeutic ranch setting, yoga, learning about and trying team sports, playing musical instruments, dancing, singing and more.
- We are structured and have a plan but also know that your Learner’s needs may shift depending on a variety of factors. In those moments, we are flexible and can help guide them using a developmentally appropriate approach in that we JOIN your child, SUPPORT your child and RECONNECT with your child.
- Our eventual goal is that each Learner can express how they feel and advocate for what they need, so those needs are met. We believe each child/young adult at Bloom360 has something special to contribute to our community. We provide opportunities for each Learner to share and use his or her unique gifts and strengths. These opportunities are energizing and give each Learner meaning and purpose and leads to a strong sense of belonging here. This sense of purpose and belonging builds confidence and provides the foundation for future growth and aspirations.
Our specialized educational model is a long-term approach that will serve them well now and in the future.
It’s not cookie cutter here; each Learner gets what they need at the pace that works for them. In other words, we help your child/young adult bloom into the best version of himself/herself.
After a thorough admissions process with a lot of family input, and a few visits for the Learner to experience Bloom360, we determine if we believe Bloom360 can best serve your son or daughter and will offer admissions to your child/young adult in one of our educational programs taking into consideration his/her unique sensory profile, as well as their developmental/social/emotional and academic needs.
The specific Educational Program placement is re-evaluated on an annual basis.
Click here to learn more about our Day School Educational Programs.
Click here for more information on our Day School Admissions Process.
Our whole person approach meets each child’s individual developmental and academic needs and guides them forward at their own pace.
When a flower doesn’t bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower. Alexander Den Heijer