Day School . Overview
We see your unique child. Your child’s uniqueness is what makes your child special. We recognize that and celebrate it! We see your child’s strengths, interests and sensory needs and use them to create a customized learning plan with academic and social/emotional goals. We support growth toward these goals by providing interest driven opportunities and experiences that will engage your child and bring the “joy” back to learning. How do we do this?
- First, we build trusting relationships and create a place where your child feels safe.
- We identify your child’s unique combination of strengths, interests and sensory needs.
- We develop a customized learning plan with developmentally appropriate academic and social/emotional goals. We are one of only a few schools in the country that uses the DIR/Floortime framework as the foundation of our model.
- We look at the Whole Child. Our model incorporates the five core elements of human development: Mind, Body, Spirit (Meaning & Purpose), Social and Emotional.
- We provide direct academic instruction in the core subject areas of math, reading/language arts science and social studies to fill in any gaps that exist and solidify essential skills in these areas.
- We use interest driven projects to bring all the pieces together and practice the academic, social and emotional concepts your child is learning and working on.
- We customize the pace to be conducive to your child’s learning and maintain a sensory supportive environment throughout the day including movement, music, mindfulness, and calming or alerting activities depending on your child’s sensory needs.
- We are structured and have a plan but also know that your child’s needs may shift depending on a variety of factors. In those moments, we are flexible and can help guide your child using a developmentally appropriate approach in that we JOIN your child, SUPPORT your child and RECONNECT with your child.
- Our eventual goal is that each child is able to express how they feel and advocate for what they need, so those needs are met. We believe each child at Bloom360 has something special to contribute to our community. We provide opportunities for each child to share and use his or her unique gifts and strengths. These opportunities are energizing and give each child meaning and purpose and leads to a strong sense of belonging here. This sense of purpose and belonging builds confidence and provides the foundation for future growth and aspirations.
Our specialized educational model is a long-term approach that will serve them well now and in the future.
It’s not cookie cutter here; each Learner gets what they need at the pace that works for them.
In other words, we help your child bloom into the best version of himself/herself.
After a thorough admissions process with a lot of family input, and a few visits for the child to experience Bloom360, we determine if we believe Bloom360 can best serve your child and will offer admissions to your child in one of our educational programs taking into consideration his/her unique sensory profile, as well as their developmental/social/emotional and academic needs.
The specific Educational Program placement is re-evaluated on an annual basis.
Click here to learn more about our Day School Educational Programs.
Click here for more information on our Day School Admissions Process.
Our whole-child approach meets each child’s individual developmental and academic needs and guides them forward at their own pace.
When a flower doesn’t bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower. Alexander Den Heijer