Strengthen Educational Program
Learners in the Strengthen Program are moving toward greater independence when provided with customized learning opportunities (tools, strategies, experiences, relationships, environments, etc.)
- Learner may need sensory system support and co-regulating to help them begin to understand how they are feeling and how to express and work through those feeling.
- Project-Based learning:
- With support from Learning Guide (teacher), Learner engages in Project-Based Learning
- Learning opportunities focus on building and expanding relationships and expanding a focus on the “how” and “why” to positively support problem solving.
- Learner may come up with project ideas and may collaborate with Learning Guide to co-create the Project Plan.
- Academics focus on filling in the gaps in each subject area so the Learner moves forward with confidence and a solid foundation.
- Learner is capable of working in a group of two to three Learners to one Learning Guide.
- Learner beginning to develop the capacity to work with greater independence with support from Learning Guide.